CTE Programs at Windover High School22 Apr 2016, by Latest News in
Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year Windover High School will open its culinary arts program to students who attend high school in Midland County.
Students who enroll in the CTE program will:
- Be mentored by some of the best culinary and hospitality professionals in the area
- Earn Serv-Safe and Pro Start certifications which are recognized nationally by the culinary and hospitality industries
- Compete and showcase their talents through the Skills USA student club
Curriculum will cover a broad range of topics including:
- Baking, soups and sauces, international cuisine, fabricating meats, poultry, and seafood, safety and sanitation, hospitality management, and travel and tourism
- A Farm to Fork concept is also a part of the program. Students will work in our community garden to nurture and harvest seed and crops and get involved in our signature “Plant Parenthood” seedling adoption project.
For more information visit our specialty program page.